Re: Faster CREATE DATABASE by delaying fsync (was 8.4.1 ubuntu karmic slow createdb)

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Faster CREATE DATABASE by delaying fsync (was 8.4.1 ubuntu karmic slow createdb)
Дата
Re: [PERFORM] Re: Faster CREATE DATABASE by delaying fsync (was 8.4.1 ubuntu karmic slow createdb)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 10:54 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> fsync everything in that pass.
> Including the directory - which was not done before and actually might be
> necessary in some cases.

Er. Yes. At least on ext4 this is pretty important. I wish it weren't,
but it doesn't look like we're going to convince the ext4 developers
they're crazy any day soon and it would really suck for a database
created from a template to have files in it go missin.

--
greg