Re: Integration PostgreSQL with Oracle.

От Goulet, Dick
Тема Re: Integration PostgreSQL with Oracle.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Alfredo,

    Well if you'll pardon my total lack of Spanish, I'll definitely pardon your English.

    First question though, what is the architecture being implemented here?  Are we talking about in Intranet application where your Java & the Postgresql db are outside of the firewall.  If that is the case some other actions may be necessary.

    Second how fast does this have to happen?  If it's instantaneous, then an additional Java procedure to handle Oracle would probably be the fastest.  If it can delay a bit there are other methods that would work.

From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Alfredo Rico
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 1:46 PM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] Integration PostgreSQL with Oracle.

Hi friends, greetings :-)
Please apologize by my bad english, I speak sapnish.

This question that I'll do could be a little difficult because I'm award that it should be very especific, although I'm looking for a first guide or directive in ordert to solve this dilemma.

I'm developing a Java-Web Software using PostgreSQL for a company in which I work.

One of the requirements is, using whatever mechanism (external to my Java-Web develop) to establish an interaction/integration/communication from my PostgreSQL database toward an Oracle Database already existents and in a production state inside the company,

I have heard about using XML in ordert to carry out Data Bases integrations (from diferents manufacturers ) and even I have heard about using Web Services (SOAP) but I don't sure.

Some of you has faced some similar situation? Could you suggest to me some direction on that matter?

Beforehand thank you very much by your help and support.

Kind Regars.
Alfredo Rico.-