Re: FYI: Interview with Josh Berkus at Mad Penguin

От Goulet, Dick
Тема Re: FYI: Interview with Josh Berkus at Mad Penguin
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I'm an Oracle DBA first, but I've become very comfortable with
PostGreSql as well.  The two have a lot in common and a lot of
differences.  MySql in contrast is more used by those here who are very
comfortable with Access.  Those two have a lot in common.  As for GUI's
their great, until 2AM when all you have is a telnet window and command
line.  You need to master both.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Perry [mailto:rlperry@lodestonetechnologies.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 5:06 PM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] FYI: Interview with Josh Berkus at Mad Penguin

    I am not certain that this is the correct forum for Kudos, but
after
taking a long break from using PostgreSQL I am also delighted with how
good it is doing.  I always hated the fact the it was missing table
spaced and I am also excited about Point In Time backups.

    Maybe it is just because I learned PostgreSQLfirst, but I have
always
felt much more comfortable with it as opposed to mysql.  But, then I
also do not like to use GUI tools much.