Re: Postgres schema comparison.

От Goulet, Dick
Тема Re: Postgres schema comparison.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
 My favorite for this task is WinSql available from
http://www.synametrics.com/SynametricsWebApp/WinSQL.jsp.  It can compare
the structure and content of the two tables.

-----Original Message-----
From: John DeSoi [mailto:desoi@pgedit.com]
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 7:40 AM
To: Stef
Cc: pgsql-ADMIN@postgresql.org; pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Postgres schema comparison.

On Mar 7, 2005, at 4:33 AM, Stef wrote:

> I have the wonderful job of re-synch'ing  all the schemas out there
not
> conforming to the master. I've looked everywhere for something that
> will help doing this. I'm specifically looking for a way to do a
> sumcheck
> or something similar on tables and/or schema as a whole to be able to
> do a table comparison with the master database.

Develop a function that builds a string describing the tables/schemas
you want to compare. Then have your function return the md5 sum of the
string as the result. This will give you a 32 character value you can
use to determine if there is a mismatch.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL