Re: [ADMIN] Solaris x86 vs Linux vs *BSD for PostgreSQL?

От Chad R. Larson
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Solaris x86 vs Linux vs *BSD for PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 06:14 PM 3/2/2002 , Trapper wrote:
>I'm not aware of Slowlaris supporting software RAID (at least not without
>3rd party tools) so I'm thinking it's pretty much off the list.  Putting
>my db on a software RAID0 vs straight disk has resulted in certain ops
>going at 10x speed (yes, 10x! (no, it wasn't due to caching!)).

This is not a direct answer to your question, but Solstice Disk Suite
=does= support software RAID--we're using it here.

That being said, Vinum under FreeBSD is inspired by Veritas Volume Manager,
and does a nice job.  We run PostgreSQL under both Solaris 2.6 and FreeBSD 4.3.

         -crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL22)    chad@eldocomp.com
   Eldorado Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100