Re: Reg: Filesystem level encryption support for postgreSQL

От Arni
Тема Re: Reg: Filesystem level encryption support for postgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Indeed. When I read the question I also thought of something like VeraCrypt (ex TrueCrypt). Any solution specific for postgres would NOT be at "filesystem level".
Regards,
Arni
On 13/09/2019 00.22, Ron wrote:
But you said "i need to implement Filesystem level encryption".  That's not specific to PostgreSQL.

On 9/12/19 4:57 PM, pradeep pandey wrote:
P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}
Thanks but i am looking for solution which is more specific to postgreSQL in line with TDE and HSM

From: jwiencek3 <jwiencek3@comcast.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2019 9:42 PM
To: pradeep pandey <pandeyp@hotmail.com>; pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org <pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: Reg: Filesystem level encryption support for postgreSQL

I'm working on an environment that is using Hytrust.   Other than taking a long time encrypt the disk there have been no issues at all.

FYI encryption of a 1Tb mount takes approx. 12 hours.  We had to decrypt at one point and that effort was about the same as an encrypt.

Storage admins owned this not the DBA.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9+, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone