Re: Vacuum Problems

От Rafael Domiciano
Тема Re: Vacuum Problems
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
1 Drive Only. This server has no RAID.
Do you think that the I/O is very high and I'm needing a RAID?!

2008/12/8 Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>
On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 9:11 AM, Rafael Domiciano
> How I do to see my I/O subsystem? vmstat? If so, follow:

No, I mean, how many drives do you have, what kind of RAID controller,
if any, how they're configured, and so on.  :)  Sorry wasn't really
clear there was I?

The vmstat numbers are horrible by the way, assuming they're in 1k
blocks, you're reading and writing at < 1 Meg a second.  It almost
looks like a degraded RAID-5 array.