Re: Tunning postgresql

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Tunning postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Josué Maldonado wrote:

> Hello list,
>

> postgresql.conf contains these configurations modified:
>
> shared_buffers = 17000          # min max_connections*2 or 16, 8KB each
> max_fsm_relations = 400     # min 10, fsm is free space map, ~40
> max_fsm_pages = 80000           # min 1000, fsm is free space map, ~6
> max_locks_per_transaction = 64  # min 10
> sort_mem = 16384                # min 64, size in KB
> effective_cache_size = 1700000  # typically 8KB each

These seem pretty reasonable... apart from the effective cache size,
maybe chop off a zero :

effective_cache_size = 170000 # about 1.2G

I wonder if the original setting, 6 times your ram (if my arithmetic is
ok) *may* result in funny optimizer choices....

The thing to do next is examine EXPLAIN outputs for your queries, and
consider what smarter access plans might be possible (e.g. indexes,
partial indexes) and then maybe clever data re-orgizations (e.g.
clusters, trigger based summaries of aggregates) if you still need more
speed.

regards

Mark