context-switching issue on Xeon

От Sailer, Denis (YBUSA-CDR)
Тема context-switching issue on Xeon
Дата
Re: context-switching issue on Xeon  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-performance

The thread below has the test case that we were able to use to reproduce the issue.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2004-04/msg00280.php

The last messages on this subject are from April of 2005.  Has there been any successful ways to significantly reduce the impact this has to multi-processing?  I haven’t been able to find anything showing a resolution of some kind.

We are seeing this on two of our machines:

Quad 3.0 GHz XEON with 3GB of memory running PG 7.4.3 with SuSE kernel 2.4

Dual 2.8 GHz XEON with 2GB of memory running PG 8.0.0 with SuSE kernel 2.4