Re: postgreSQL users = LDAP users?

От Gémes Géza
Тема Re: postgreSQL users = LDAP users?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Peter Childs írta:
On Monday 30 June 2003 23:39, Hans Spaans wrote:
On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 07:44:50PM +0200, Daniel Seichter wrote:
Hello,
is it possible, to create all users of the databaseserver through LDAP?
An schema extension is maybe required, but is it possible, yes or no?!
If yes, where to find more information?
We have pg using pam and pam uses ldap. It's just all standard
pam/ldap stuff so it shouldn't be any problem. And there are plenty
manuals about pam and ldap.
In that case can somone surgest some good documentation on ldap and pam. As
I've been try to set it up for months unsucsessfully.....All the web sites I've seen are a little uncomprohensable. Sorry this is a little off topic.

Peter Childs

              http://archives.postgresql.org
Look at this
http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/docs/samba-ldap-advanced.php
http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/docs/ldap-auth2.php
if you only want to sync users, and not any information regarding them. If you would want more then:
You'll have to use the ODBC based sql backend for ldap (VERY SLOW :-( ), and connect using postgres, or whatever your database superuser is. You will need to create some tables and views, tables containing ldap specific things, see: http://www.samse.fr/GPL/ldap_pg/HOWTO/
and views which unify the former with pg_shadow information.

I wish you the best luck in succeeding this ;-) !

Best Regards

Geza Gemes

Вложения