random backend crashes - how to debug ( Is crash dump handler released ? )

От BangarRaju Vadapalli
Тема random backend crashes - how to debug ( Is crash dump handler released ? )
Дата
Re: random backend crashes - how to debug ( Is crash dump handler released ? )  (Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>)
Re: random backend crashes - how to debug ( Is crash dump handler released ? )  (Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>)
Список pgsql-general

Hi Everybody,

      We are using PostGRE 8.4 version and experiencing random backend crashes. We have enabled logging and are able to see some logging happening in pg_log directory but not of much use. Here are the logs.

   2011-06-14 18:06:04 IST WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process

2011-06-14 18:06:04 IST DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.

2011-06-14 18:06:04 IST HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and repeat your command.

[...]

  I searched online and found crash dump handler idea has been proposed and patch for that has already been released if I am not wrong. Could anyone please detail the steps to install crash dump handler in windows? Also could you please help me with the ways to debug the crashes happening as shown above.

Thanks,

Bangar Raju