error while extracting the database

От Suresh Gupta VG
Тема error while extracting the database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi Team,

I had data dump file of pgsql7.0. I am trying to extract the data on pgsql8.2.5, giving an error in the middle of the extraction of data. I use (/db1/postgresql/bin/psql -d commercelink -f dump_oldprod_db). But I could enter the database and could see the tables created but with no data.

The extraction stopped after the statement as below.

======================

CREATE TABLE

psql:dump_oldprod_db:294: NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "access_areas_pkey" for table "access_areas"

CREATE TABLE

psql:dump_oldprod_db:302: NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "user_permissions_pkey" for table "user_permissions"

CREATE TABLE

CREATE TABLE

psql:dump_oldprod_db:327: NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "promotions_pkey" for table "promotions"

CREATE TABLE

psql:dump_oldprod_db:328: \connect: FATAL:  role "root" does not exist—

Pls advice me.

Regards,

G. V. Suresh Gupta

Innovative Technology Solutions(ITS), Zensar Technologies

Zensar Knowledge Park, Plot#5, MIDC IT Tower,

Kharadi, Off Nagar Road, Pune – 411014

Landline :  +91-20-66453471           | +91-9890898688

Email     :   suresh.g@zensar.com    | website:  www.zensar.com

DISCLAIMER:
This email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s) and the views expressed in the same are not necessarily the views of Zensar Technologies Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail by error, its use is strictly prohibited, please delete the e-mail and notify the sender. Zensar Technologies Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.