installing postgres on irix 6.5.13

От Luis Amigo
Тема installing postgres on irix 6.5.13
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
A few weeks ago we installed postgres 7.1.3 we had a lot of problems
cause we were taking assembling errors with gcc.
After a lot of attempts we were able to install postgres by using (sgi
cc) -with--template=irix5 with these modifications:
--------------------------
CC=cc
CFLAGS='-n32 -O2 -r12000'
LDFLAGS='-n32 -O2 -r12000'
 -------------------------

-r12000 is used to set proccesor as r12000 what we're using
-n32 generate 32 bits object
-o2         Turns on extensive optimization.  The optimizations at
                  this level are generally conservative, in the sense
that
                  they are virtually always beneficial, provide
                  improvements commensurate to the compile time spent to

                  achieve them, and avoid changes which affect such
things
                  as floating point accuracy. [Extracted from man cc]

it works configuring --with-CC=cc  with c and perl I don´t know if it
works with other  options