Re: Postgresql log analyzer

От Andrew McMillan
Тема Re: Postgresql log analyzer
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Gilles DAROLD wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Here is a first draft generated by a log analyzer for postgres I've wrote today:
>
>     http://www.samse.fr/GPL/log_report/
>
> In all this html report there is what I'm able to extract minus the statistics.
>
> I need to know what people want to see reported to have a powerfull log analyzer,

I like what you have there so far.

For my own use I would like to see the ability to turn some of these off,
and also perhaps a summary page that you would click through to the more
detailed reports.

The 'query' page is kind of complicated too.  Would it be possible to put
that into a table layout as well?
+-------------------------------+
|select...                      |
+----+----+----+--------+-------+
|stat|stat|stat|stat ...|       |

sort of layout.

It would be nice to see an EXPLAIN on the query page, but you would want
this to be an option, I guess.  I imagine you could do this by getting the
EXPLAIN at log analysis time if it isn't in the logs.

Cheers,
                    Andrew.
        Andrew McMillan, e-mail: Andrew @ catalyst . net . nz
Catalyst IT Ltd, PO Box 10-225, Level 22, 105 The Terrace, Wellington
Me: +64(21)635-694,  Fax:+64(4)499-5596, Office: +64(4)499-2267xtn709