Trouble with views (7.1beta4 Debian) and PgAccess 0.98.7.

От Emmanuel Charpentier
Тема Trouble with views (7.1beta4 Debian) and PgAccess 0.98.7.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I installed (with some minor worries) 7.1beta4 Debian packages (a thousand
thanks, Oliver !). On the whole, it looks *very* good.

I have some problems with the ODBC interface, that seems partially broken (see
the ODBC list).

My present problem is with views : There seems no way to retrieve a view
definition apart from the psql \dv {viewname} command or select definition
from pg_views where viewname={viewname}, which I found by trial and error.

- PgAccess 0.98.7 as packaged by Oliver Elphick allows the *creation* of a
view (which is then readable through psql's \dv), but does not display any
view. In other words, PgAccess "view" screen seems to be write-only. Ouch !

Hence a question : shouldn't the system (pg_* and pga_*) tables be somewhat
documented at least in the reference manual (and maybe cross-referenced in the
programmer's manual) ? They seem not to be at the time ...

--
Emmanuel Charpentier