Re: Create an empty copy of another table

От Andrew McMillan
Тема Re: Create an empty copy of another table
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Thomas Weholt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How do I create a new empty table that`s a copy of an allready existing one?
> I need a way of putting the result of a select-statement into a temporary
> table that`s an exact copy of the table it`s derived from and I`m not sure
> how to do this. Obviously. I am just using one table to query at the time.
>
> Thomas

    CREATE TABLE t2 AS SELECT * FROM t1;

There are other ways.  You mission is to learn those as well :-)

Cheers,
                    Andrew.

            Andrew McMillan, e-mail: Andrew@cat-it.co.nz
Catalyst IT Ltd, PO Box 10-225, Level 22, 105 The Terrace, Wellington
Me: +64 (21) 635 694, Fax: +64 (4) 499 5596, Office: +64 (4) 499 2267