Re: [BUGS] port v7.0 to SGI-IRIX-6.5.7/64

От Murad Nayal
Тема Re: [BUGS] port v7.0 to SGI-IRIX-6.5.7/64
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > I managed to compile (and sort of run) postgres 7.0 to SGI running IRIX
> > 6.5.7. I compiled to 64bit libraries. The problems I had were both due
> > errors in the configure script as well as postgres configuration files.
> >
> > configure problems:
> > -------------------
> > 1- the program that configure uses to test for namespace std is faulty.
> > I had to manually add #define HAVE_NAMESPACE_STD 1 to the top of
> > interfaces/libpq++/pgconnection.h
>
> Can you suggest a test that does work on Irix?

the current test is:

#line 1680 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
using namespace std;

int main() {

; return 0; }

it fails with the message:

"configure", line 1683: error(3173): name must be a namespace name
  using namespace std;

you just need to add a header file that contains elements of the C++
standard library defined in std. not all C++ standard library that comes
with the SGI C++ compiler are in defined in std. for example iostream
stuff are not in std. however string is. so just include the string
header file in the program. This compiles fine with CC:

#line 1680 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string>
using namespace std;

int main() {

; return 0; }

the SGI compiler puts the std library in header files that don't end in
".h". same header file ending in ".h" will have declarations in the
global name space.

Regards

--
Murad Nayal M.D. Ph.D.
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics

Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] port v7.0 to SGI-IRIX-6.5.7/64
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] port v7.0 to SGI-IRIX-6.5.7/64