Re: postgres and ggobi/xgvis

От Sean Davis
Тема Re: postgres and ggobi/xgvis
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jun 8, 2005, at 7:39 PM, Hrishikesh Deshmukh wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> How easy or difficult is it to get ggobi/xgvis working with
> postgresql?!
> Is it possible to write a query and send the output straight to
> ggobi/xgvis without much work?
> Any pointers.

I would think that you would need to construct the input file for ggobi
from your query output.  There are many ways to do this, I would
suppose, but if I were to do it, I would make a perl script that
accepts some parameters, does the SQL query, and outputs the results
with appropriate formatting to a file.  Then call ggobi with that file
as input.  Pretty simple, but you still have to do the work of
determining the file format for ggobi and generating that file format
on your own.

As an alternative, you could use a system like R
(http://www.r-project.org) that has plugins that allow postgres access
and access to ggobi.

Sean