Re: Porting from MySQL to postgreSQL. Question RE: Sequence Dependencies

От Charlie Clark
Тема Re: Porting from MySQL to postgreSQL. Question RE: Sequence Dependencies
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Am 13.09.2007 um 05:24 schrieb Robert Starr:

> Hi all,  this is my first post.  I have a quick question, and if I
> have it all wrong I apologise in advance, I'm still trying to get
> used to a 'real' SQL after moving away from MySQL.

Welcome aboard!

This list is actually for pgAdmin which is just the GUI admin tool
for the PostgreSQL RDBMS. You might want to sign-up to one of the
postgresql lists such as the general list for questions.
From your posts it looks like you understand the principles of
relational databases which PostgreSQL actually implements rather than
just paying lip service. And if you think relationally you'll find
PostgreSQL a lot more fun to work with. For migrating from MySQL it's
probably worth noting that there is an option for exporting MySQL in
nearly PostgreSQL compatible syntax. I don't know if there is a
migration guide but there probably should be.

Good luck with your migration!

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark