Re: optimizing Postgres queries

От David Teran
Тема Re: optimizing Postgres queries
Дата
Re: optimizing Postgres queries
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

> The performance will likely to be the same. Its just that integer
> happens to
> be default integer type and hence it does not need an explicit
> typecast. ( I
> don't remember exactly which integer is default but it is either of
> int2,int4
> and int8...:-))

The docs say int4 is much faster than int8, but i will check this.

> The performance diffference is likely due to use of index, which is in
> turn
> due to typecasting. If you need bigint, you should use them. Just
> remember to
> typecast whenever required.

This is my bigger problem: i am using EOF (OR mapping tool) which frees
me more or less form writing a lot of SQL. If i need to typecast to use
an index then i have to see how to do this with this framework.

Regards David

От: Shridhar Daithankar
Сообщение: Re: optimizing Postgres queries
От: Shridhar Daithankar
Сообщение: Re: optimizing Postgres queries