Re: increasing shared buffers: how much should be removed from OS filesystem cache?

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: increasing shared buffers: how much should be removed from OS filesystem cache?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Guillaume

1G is really not a significant amount of memory these days,

That said 6-10% of available memory should be given to an 8.0 or
older version of postgresql

Newer versions work better around 25%

I'm not sure what you mean by mechanically removed from effective_cache

effective cache is really a representation of shared buffers plus OS
cache

Dave