Re: How are locks managed in PG?

От Jonah H. Harris
Тема Re: How are locks managed in PG?
Дата
Re: How are locks managed in PG?
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 11:02 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> The difference is HE put forth an opinion about the pg developers
> being smarter, but you put forth what seems like a statement of fact
> with no evidence to back it up.  One is quite subjective and open for
> debate on both sides, and often to good effect.  The other is a
> statement of fact regarding scalability in apparently all usage
> circumstances, since it wasn't in any way clarified if you were
> talking about a narrow usage case or all of the possible and / or
> probably ones.

Agreed.  It's just that, because I know quite a few of the engineers
working on Oracle and SQL Server, it generally pisses me off to see
people make blanket statements about one group being smarter than
another when they probably have no basis for comparison.  It's all
good though, I'm just cranky tonight.

-Jonah

Сообщение: Re: How are locks managed in PG?
Сообщение: Re: How are locks managed in PG?