Re: qsort again (was Re: [PERFORM] Strange Create Index

От Jonah H. Harris
Тема Re: qsort again (was Re: [PERFORM] Strange Create Index
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Last night I implemented a non-recursive introsort in C... let me test it a bit more and then I'll post it here for everyone else to try out.

On 2/16/06, Markus Schaber <schabi@logix-tt.com> wrote:
Hi, Ron,

Ron wrote:

> ...and of course if you know enough about the data to be sorted so as to
> constrain it appropriately, one should use a non comparison based O(N)
> sorting algorithm rather than any of the general comparison based
> O(NlgN) methods.

Sounds interesting, could you give us some pointers (names, URLs,
papers) to such algorithms?

Thanks a lot,
Markus

Dipl. Inf.     | Software Development GIS

               http://archives.postgresql.org

--
Jonah H. Harris, Database Internals Architect
EnterpriseDB Corporation