Re: [DOCS] Re: Interest in translate postgreSQL to portuguese

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [DOCS] Re: Interest in translate postgreSQL to portuguese
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> > It ships with the Postgres sources, in the doc/src/sgml/ directory.
> Thanks. I'm searching a src.rpm of the latest version now.

If you are translating docs, you will probably want to become more
familiar with the "hackers" and "docs" mailing lists, and the current
development tree. The src.rpm frozen files are likely out of date, and
are almost certainly not what would be delivered in the next release.
The next best thing is the v6.5 development tar file on the web site (I
think it is labeled "snapshot"), but the best is described below...

> > With CVSup or anonymous CVS you can keep a local copy of the most
> > current documentation source, and with CVSup you can do diffs, etc
> > to find out what is new or changed to help you keep in sync.
> I never used CVS before. Where in web I can found help?

I would suggest using CVSup, especially if you are running a system like
Linux or FreeBSD which have CVSup binaries available on the Postgres web
site. The current docs have an appendix on "Documentation" which
describe this somewhat, and I have a new chapter on cvs and CVSup for
the next release (I hope; not yet finished). Look in
http://postgresql.org/pub/CVSup/ for details, and ask questions here. If
you are new to cvs, try "man cvs" for a brief intro and there is a nice
Postscript doc available for it also (in
file://localhost/usr/doc/cvs-1.9-1/cvs.ps on my older linux box).

> > The jade/DocBook toolset we use supposedly provides multi-language
> > support, including Portuguese.
> What are these tools? Never heard before... Are they SGML tools?

Yes, sgmltools-v2.x uses jade/DocBook internally. I do not yet use this
package, since it wasn't available when I started these docs, but
instead use some linux rpms available from Mark Galassi. Details are in
our docs. If you are successful in using sgmltools-2.x please consider
writing a description (or posting a description on this mailing list) on
what you did.

Regards.

                     - Tom