Re: Should I reinstall over current installation?

От Moreno Andreo
Тема Re: Should I reinstall over current installation?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Il 04/02/2020 21:18, Chris Charley ha scritto:
> Hello Moreno
>
> Thanks for the reply!
>
> I ran Services and it reported postsql as Disabled.

A disabled service will never run nor leave error messages anywhere

Right click on the Postgresql service, select properties.
In the next window, choose startup type (the combo under the executable
path) and select Automatic, then click on the Start button below
Click OK and close the window.

Now something should happen. If everything goes well, You'll see
"Started" and "Automatic" in the two columns next to the service
description, and you can start your application
If there is an error message, then it should log something. See my last
mail to extract log informations and post them here

> I am considering reinstall because I couldn't find any helpful info
> from these services.

You got no helpful info because service does not start, andd so does not

> Thanks again for your help.
>  I suspect when Windows was reinstalled, the firewall was reconfigured
> and PostgreSQL wasn't allowed to access the port?

ATM there's a service start issue to be resolved, if there's also
something about the firewall, we'll think about it later.

Moreno.-