Re: Profile setup in PostgreSQL

От MichaelDBA
Тема Re: Profile setup in PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: Profile setup in PostgreSQL  (Avin Kavish <avinkavish@gmail.com>)
Re: Profile setup in PostgreSQL  (Dhandapani Shanmugam <postgresql95@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
First of all, it would be good to check the PG DOCs to get easy answers like this. Steps:
1. google it: Postgresql alter role
2. Choose the one that points to the official pg docs. https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/sql-alterrole.html
3. Change the version at top of the page to your PG version.

Now on this page it explicitly shows you the syntax for changing password expiration: VALID UNTIL 'timestamp'
Then the same page gives 2 working examples:

Change a password expiration date, specifying that the password should expire at midday on 4th May 2015 using the time zone which is one hour ahead of UTC:

ALTER ROLE chris VALID UNTIL 'May 4 12:00:00 2015 +1';

Make a password valid forever:

ALTER ROLE fred VALID UNTIL 'infinity';

Please do a little research before submitting questions.  We love to answer questions but it would be nice if you could do a little effort on your own in advance first.

Regards,
Michael Vitale