Re: real and effective user ids must match

От david.lao@sharpasia.com.mo
Тема Re: real and effective user ids must match
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
is there any way to correct this problem? please help.

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006, Michael Fuhr wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 10:24:29PM -0700, Jeff Frost wrote:
>> On Thu, 14 Sep 2006, Michael Fuhr wrote:
>>> Can anybody else with a Linux box test the above command?
>>
>> On my FC4 machine running 2.6.16-1.2111_FC4:
>>
>> uid=26(postgres) gid=26(postgres) groups=26(postgres)
>> context=user_u:system_r:unconfined_t
>
> That's what I'd expect.  David's box appears to be behaving oddly,
> which could be signs of tampering if he has indeed been hacked.  If
> that's happened then commands like "ls" and "ps" can't be trusted.
>
> Can anybody think of a way for David to be seeing the behavior he's
> seeing that doesn't involve a tampered-with system?

It's probably worthwhile to get a copy of chkrootkit and/or rkhunter and run
them to see if there is a problem.  Might also be worthwhile to run the ps and
ls from the install CD to see if there are any suprising results.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/