Re: SECURITY RELEASES: 7.2.8 - 7.3.10 - 7.4.8 - 8.0.3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SECURITY RELEASES: 7.2.8 - 7.3.10 - 7.4.8 - 8.0.3
Дата
Re: SECURITY RELEASES: 7.2.8 - 7.3.10 - 7.4.8 - 8.0.3  (Thomas F.O'Connell <tfo@sitening.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> Note that if you're upgrading within a release series (e.g. 8.0.x to
> 8.0.3) without a dump and reload, you will _not_ get the necessary
> system catalog changes automatically. Tom's earlier mail describes the
> procedure needed to correct the system catalog:

>      http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.315

Also, note that that message was the zero-day-security-problem response
to the issue, and that we since figured out cleaner responses.  If you
haven't yet implemented this in your own DBs, I would suggest following
the procedures given in the final release notes, eg
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/release-7-4-8.html

I expect these notes will shortly show up in the static documentation, eg
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/release.html
but they aren't there yet as I set finger to keyboard.