Re: Performance with 2 AMD/Opteron 2.6Ghz and 8gig

От Alex Turner
Тема Re: Performance with 2 AMD/Opteron 2.6Ghz and 8gig
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Although I for one have yet to see a controller that actualy does this (I believe software RAID on linux doesn't either).

Alex.

On 8/7/06, Markus Schaber <schabi@logix-tt.com> wrote:
Hi, Charles,

Charles Sprickman wrote:

> I've also got a 1U with a 9500SX-4 and 4 drives.  I like how the 3Ware
> card scales there - started with 2 drives and got "drive speed"
> mirroring. Added two more and most of the bonnie numbers doubled.  This
> is not what I'm used to with the Adaptec SCSI junk.

Well, for sequential reading, you should be able to get double drive
speed on a 2-disk mirror with a good controller, as it can balance the
reads among the drives.

Markus
Dipl. Inf.     | Software Development GIS

       match