Re: Default text_serach_config

От Carol Walter
Тема Re: Default text_serach_config
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mar 6, 2009, at 11:10 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Carol Walter <walterc@indiana.edu> writes:
>> Well, it seems like that could happen.  This is a machine that has a
>> instance of 8.2 running on it.  My bash history says that the command
>> that I ran to start the 8.3.6 instance is
>> pg_ctl start -D /db02/postgres/data8.3.6/data -l data836.log.  /db02/
>> postgres/data8.3.6/data is where the data is.  Does pg_ctl need of
>> full path, because this command probably ran the 8.2 version of that.
>
> I think pg_ctl tries to execute the postgres that's in the same
> directory it is.  So if your PATH leads to the 8.2 copy of pg_ctl,
> the wrong thing will happen.  You could fix your PATH, or explicitly
> write out the path to the 8.3 copy.

In between our two messages, I changed to the dir where the pg_ctl
version that is part of this installation is and ran...
pg_ctl start -D /db02/postgres/data8.3.6/data -l data836.log

You were correct!  Now, I have a different problem.  Now, I have...
-bash-3.00$ more data836.log
[::2009-03-06 11:09:09 EST]FATAL:  could not load server certificate
file "serve
r.crt": No such file or directory
-bash-3.00$

Part of this process is to get Open SSL working with postgres, so I
think I'm going to go see the person who worked on the Open SSL about
this one.
Tom, I really appreciate your help.  You're always ready to help.
Thanks!

Carol