Re: PostgreSQL 7.4beta5 vs MySQL 4.0.16 with RT(DBIx::SearchBuilder)

От
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 7.4beta5 vs MySQL 4.0.16 with RT(DBIx::SearchBuilder)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

> On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 01:15:44AM +0530, mallah@trade-india.com wrote:
>> Actually PostgreSQL is at par with  MySQL when the query is being Properly Written(simplified)
>>
>> In mysql:
>> mysql> SELECT DISTINCT main.* FROM Groups main join  Principals  Principals_1 using(id) join
>> ACL ACL_2 on (ACL_2.PrincipalId = Principals_1.id)
>
> Interesting, last time I looked, this syntax wasn't valid on mysql. And I'm not familiar with
> the "using(id)" notation. Can you point me at proper docs on it?

I am using MySQL 4.0.16 the latest stable one.
Docs

MySQL: http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/JOIN.html
Postgresql:
well i am not able to point out a dedicated page for this topic
in pgsql document but below covers it a bit.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/static/sql-select.html
Join i beleive are SQL standard feature and better docs shud exist.

>> So its not just PostgreSQL that is suffering from the bad SQL but MySQL also. But the question
>> is my does PostgreSQL suffer so badly ??
>> I think not all developers write very nice SQLs.
>>
>> Its really sad to see that a fine peice of work (RT) is performing sub-optimal becoz of
>> malformed SQLs.  [ specially on database of my choice ;-) ]
>
> Can you try using SearchBuilder 0.90? That made certain optimizations to the postgres query
> builder that got backed out in 0.92, due to a
> possible really bad failure mode. Thankfully, because all of this is machine generated SQL we
> can just improve the generator, rather than having to retool the entire application.

True, Its really a pleasure to see that in  DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle/Pg.pm
Database Specific optimisations can be done easily Congratulations on writing
SearchBuilder in such an well structured manner. mine is .92 just going to try .90 as u are
suggesting and will post back the result.

> --
> jesse reed vincent -- root@eruditorum.org -- jesse@fsck.com
> 70EBAC90: 2A07 FC22 7DB4 42C1 9D71 0108 41A3 3FB3 70EB AC90
>
> "If IBM _wanted_ to make clones, we could make them cheaper and faster than anyone else!"  - An
> IBM Rep. visiting Vassar College's Comp Sci Department.

Over 1,00,000 exporters are waiting for your order! Click below to get
in touch with leading Indian exporters listed in the premier
trade directory Exporters Yellow Pages.
http://www.trade-india.com/dyn/gdh/eyp/

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 7.4beta5 vs MySQL 4.0.16 with RT(DBIx::SearchBuilder)
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 7.4beta5 vs MySQL 4.0.16 with RT(DBIx::SearchBuilder)