Cant connect to psql on winxp

От Wolfgang Schedl
Тема Cant connect to psql on winxp
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

I have a postgresql-server 8.1 running on a winxp-server. I want to
connect with my ubuntu at home (in the end, it should work with a
ASP.net-program) to the db, but it fails to connect. The port is open - I
can prove this with a working telnet connection.
-----
user@pc:~$ telnet 83.xxx.xxx.xxx 5432
Trying 83.xxx.xxx.xxx...
Connected to 83.xxx.xxx.xxx.
Escape character is '^]'.
-----
The problem is, that the psql-connection fails.
-----
-----
My admin-tool for the pqsql-Server is pgadminIII. I tried to change the
pg_hba.conf and added a line with my IP-adress with the pgadminIII. The
line is correct in the pg_hba.conf.
-----
host     all     all     62.xxx.xxx.xxx     md5
-----
In the config-file everything looks fine, but when I start
pgadminIII->Tools->Server Configuration->pg_hba.conf, it still doesn't
show this line. Could this be the problem or is it just a
pgadminIII-WinXP-bug?

Any ideas, how I could solve the problem?

Thanks

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Best Regards
Wolfgang Schedl