Re: After VACUUM, statistics become skewed

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: After VACUUM, statistics become skewed
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Robert.Farrugia@go.com.mt writes:
> Running a slightly modified query i.e. removing the in and using an
> equality, the planner uses the "correct" index this time.

Hm.  What were the definitions of the two indexes, exactly?

There is an asymmetry in the planner's handling of AND/OR clauses that
can cause it to fail to recognize that a multicolumn index is usable,
depending on whether the OR clause (the IN part of your query) applies
to the first index column or a later one.  I'm not sure if this relates
to your problem or not, though...