RES: using vacuumdb in crontab

От acoutinho@csu.com.br
Тема RES: using vacuumdb in crontab
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

   You can alter yuor pg_hba.conf to permit "trust" local connections instead of "md5". This authentication you can left to external connetions. Thi way a think you will execute de vacummdb successfully.

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Raquel Vieira [mailto:raquel.vieira@ent.efacec.pt]
Enviada em: Quarta-feira, 19 de Novembro de 2003 06:35
Para: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Assunto: Re: [ADMIN] using vacuumdb in crontab

I'm using the command vaccumdb like this:

su - postgres -c "vacuumdb AgenteSIP"

I don't need to introduce the password for postgres.

I think thos is all you need.

Raquel Vieira

On Monday 17 November 2003 10:53 am, Cris Carampa wrote:
> Sorry if this is a naive question. I'm using postgresql 7.2 on Linux
> with password authentication. I wish to issue a vaccumdb command every
> night via crontab. The problem is that vacuumdb always prompts for a
> password. How can I pass the password to vacuumdb without having to
> manually type it?
>
> Kind regards,

Сообщение: Postgresql DB on a live cd
От: "jtaaribi"
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql DB on a live cd