Re: [HACKERS] OSS database needed for testing

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: [HACKERS] OSS database needed for testing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Josh Berkus wrote:
> 1) At least one "main" table with 12+ columns and 100,000+ rows
(each).
> 2) At least 10-12 additional tables of assorted sizes, at least half
of
> which
> should have Foriegn Key relationships to the main table(s) or each
other.
> 3) At least one large text or varchar field among the various tables.
>
> In addition, the following items would be helpful, but are not
required:
> 4) Views, triggers, and functions built on the database
> 5) A query log of database activity to give us sample queries to work
> with.
> 6) Some complex data types, such as geometric, network, and/or custom
data
> types.

Might I recommend the FCC database of transmitters.  Its publicly
available via anonymous FTP, medium largish with tables running 100k ->
1m+ records, and demonstrates many interesting test cases.  For example,
lat/lon spatial queries (RTree vs. GIST) can be tested with a decent
volume.  Also it demonstrates a good example of the use of schemas.
Email me if you want info.

Format is pipe delimited (non quoted), and data turnover is < 1% a week.

Merlin

От: Vlad Krupin
Сообщение: Re: 'DROP INDEX' kills stored rpocedures
От: "Andy Kriger"
Сообщение: Re: extracting time from a timestamp with time zone field