Re: Speed while runnning large transactions.

От Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Тема Re: Speed while runnning large transactions.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 9:27 AM, <jesper@krogh.cc> wrote:
Hi.

I have a transaction running at the database for around 20 hours .. still
isn't done. But during the last hours it has come to the point where it
really hurts performance of "other queries".

Given pg_stat_activity output there seems to be no locks interfering but
the overall cpu-usage of all queries continue to rise. iowait numbers are
also very low.

What can I do to make the system handle other queries better?

show us explain from the query(s).
use select * from pg_stat_activity to find out the state query is in, and perhaps which one of the queries it really is.

--
GJ

Сообщение: Re: Speed while runnning large transactions.
Сообщение: Re: Speed while runnning large transactions.