Re: [GENERAL] bytea size limit?

От Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Тема Re: [GENERAL] bytea size limit?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Kenneth Marshall <ktm@rice.edu> wrote:

> The TOAST implementation however only allows 30-bits for the
> size of the TOAST entry which caps the size at 2^30 or 1GB. I
> agree that he could very well be limited also by the memory on
> his system.

i wasn't aware of that, and also - it doesn't say anything about it in docs.
As for limitations, that also depends on db drivers he is using, etc,
etc. I use bytea to store 100-200MB objects in many dbs, but I
wouldn't go as far as 1.5GB ...

--
GJ

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] bytea size limit?
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] bytea size limit?