Re: More along the lines of "WEIRD CRASH?!?!"?

От Murthy Kambhampaty
Тема Re: More along the lines of "WEIRD CRASH?!?!"?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us] writes:

>Have you run memory and disk diagnostics recently on this machine?
>I think it's dropping data every so often.

Just the bios memory test at startup. I'll see what I can find on the disk
diagnostics (its a recent IDE disk, so I guess anything's possible there).
So much for testing LVM snapshots :-( (BTW, the workload I described is the
worst case for us; I trust it of more general interest in testing the
ability to take backups from snapshots under heavy load?)

Thanks again,
    Murthy

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: More along the lines of "WEIRD CRASH?!?!"?
От: jeanarthur@eurovox.fr
Сообщение: 7.3.2 : poor performance for me :-(