FW: Weird problem, cant delete table !

От Thomas Madsen
Тема FW: Weird problem, cant delete table !
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I have a postgresql ( psql (PostgreSQL) 7.2.1 ) database where i have a
problem deleting 1 off the tables

Im logged in locally and access it with root

In the database there is among more, 2 tables with similar names:

     infected
     infected_

When i try to delete the "infected_" ( drop table "infected_";)  it says
ERROR:  table "infected_" does not exist.

When i try to recreate it
( create table infected_ as select filename from infected limit 10; ) it
says : type named infected_ already exists

When i check the access rights ( \z ) it looks like i have no rights

more tables/rights
infected       {=,postgres=arwdRxt,mailadmin=arwdRxt,root=arwdRxt}
infected_
more tables/rights

When i try to give me rights on
the "infected_" ( grant all on infected_ to mailadmin; )
it says ERROR:  relation "infected_" not found

when i do a query to pg_class like this it finds a record select * from
pg_class where relname like 'infected_%'; it does find some records

when i try to make a dump off the database it also complains !
pg_dump: Attempt to lock table "infected_" failed.  ERROR:  Relation
"infected_" does not exist

Im at a lost here !
Please if anyone could guide me in the right direction  :-)
i would be very thankfull !

Best Regards
Nikolaj Steensgaard