Re: Removing a Database Server

От Ferrell, Denise CTR NSWCDD, Z11
Тема Re: Removing a Database Server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
This is not working.  The problem stems from my SA creating the a database server prior...I'm guessing.

I'm having issues with the rm command...getting "Is a directory"

Process I used...

initdb -D /var/lib/pgsql/black
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user 'postgres'.

The database cluster will be initialized with locale en_US.UTF-8.
The default database encoding....
The default text search.....

Creating directory /var/lib/pgsql/black . . . ok
Creating subdirectories . . . ok

Success.  You can now start the database server using:

Postgres -D /var/lib/pgsql/black
Or
Pg_ctl -D /var/lib/pgsql/black -l logfile start (which I used)

Thank you in advance.