RE: [ADMIN] COPY slows down; is it normal?

От Greg Youngblood
Тема RE: [ADMIN] COPY slows down; is it normal?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I dont know if this will help, but you could try a vacuum command. Just be
patient, it can run for quite a while...

Gregory S. Youngblood
ext 2164

-----Original Message-----
From: Gene Selkov Jr. [mailto:selkovjr@mcs.anl.gov]
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 1998 1:49 PM
To: pgsql-admin@postgreSQL.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] COPY slows down; is it normal?

Hi, I just complained about the slow copy operation a few hours ago. I think
it came to uneventful end, at least as far as I can tell (nothing too bad in
the logfile). The psql client I used to start this copy command detached at
some point because of the network timeout, but the backend itself seemed to
be working all the time and it finished just recently. As a result, I have a
huge table that I can't query.

This query runs for a minute and returns nothing:

emp=> select count(*) from key
tag|id|rel|pos|item|unit|data
(0 rows)

Likewise, any other query against this table retrns nothing. Is there
anything that might go wrong because the client detached? Can I fix it?

Thanks,

Gene