Re: Link to bug webpage

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Link to bug webpage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com> writes:
>> That is the real question.  Do we want to rely more heavily on a bug
>> database rather than the email lists?  I haven't heard many say they
>> want that.

> The database keeps track of it.  When someone uses the bugtool to
> report a bug it's mailed to the bugs list.

But the problem is the lack of feedback the other way.  In my mind,
and I think in the minds of the rest of the developers, the pgsql-bugs
list is where bug discussions happen.  That's not something I have any
interest in trying to change.  Thus, I see little point in trying to
maintain a bug database that's separate from the pgsql-bugs archives.

I still think a link to a searchable pgsql-bugs archive could replace
this bug database very easily.