Re: StreamServer Port : bind() failed : How to solve this

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: StreamServer Port : bind() failed : How to solve this
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Justin Georgeson <jgeorgeson@unboundtech.com> writes:
> I'm not sure what you mean you're doing when you say you stop it with
> ctrl-c, but you can use the pg_ctl utility, or `service postgresql stop`
> to stop it. Then you should be able to start with the command you
> listed, although you probably want to use pg_ctl or `service postgresql
> start` instead.

> shreedhar wrote:
>> i am getting following error message.
>> StreamServer Port : bind() failed : Address already in use.
>> is another postmaster already running on port 5432
>> If not, wait a few seonds, and retry

I'm also wondering whether shreedhar has followed the advice given in
the error message: wait a bit and try again to start the postmaster.
On some Unixen it's impossible to reassign a particular listening port
number until the previous owner has been dead awhile (where "awhile"
is usually measured in "a few minutes").