Re: type unknown?

От Carol Walter
Тема Re: type unknown?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Well, it''s a guess.  A "CREATE VIEW" follows the line that specifies
the warning.  (An "ALTER TABLE" immediately precedes it.)  This made
me think that is was on a view; then I went through the views till I
found one with a column called "collection".  Is there another way I
can isolate what's happening?

Carol

On Sep 18, 2008, at 5:01 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Carol Walter <walterc@indiana.edu> writes:
>> Postgres.  To do this, I did a pg_dumpall and I'm restoring.  I got
>> an error on the restoration as follows:
>
>> psql:/dbsdisk/data_load/dbdev_all_080915.sql:3920581: WARNING:
>> column "collection" has type "unknown"
>> DETAIL:  Proceeding with relation creation anyway.
>
> AFAIK the only way to get that warning is with an undecorated literal
> constant:
>
> regression=# create view foo as select 'bar' as collection;
> WARNING:  column "collection" has type "unknown"
> DETAIL:  Proceeding with relation creation anyway.
> CREATE VIEW
> regression=# \d foo
>         View "public.foo"
>    Column   |  Type   | Modifiers
> ------------+---------+-----------
>  collection | unknown |
> View definition:
>  SELECT 'bar' AS collection;
>
> ... which is not what you're showing here:
>
>> The view that was being processes when the error occurred is:
>
>>      View "public.v_cos_master_year_count"
>>     Column    |       Type        | Modifiers
>> -------------+-------------------+-----------
>>   collection  | text              |
>>   year        | character varying |
>>   entry_count | bigint            |
>> View definition:
>>   SELECT 'cos'::text AS collection, cos_master.year_published AS
>> "year", count(cos_master.id) AS entry_count
>>     FROM cos_master
>>    GROUP BY cos_master.year_published, cos_master.collection
>>    ORDER BY cos_master.year_published;
>
> Are you sure you correctly identified which view is drawing the
> warning?
>
>             regards, tom lane

Сообщение: Re: Idle Error invalid byte sequence
Сообщение: Re: Idle Error invalid byte sequence