Re: Index (re)-creation speed

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Index (re)-creation speed
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Steve Lane <slane@moyergroup.com> writes:
> And still, none of this explains to me why the index on id_item drove the
> COPY cost up so apparently dramatically. I tried the COPY again both with
> and without that one index and in both cases it caused COPY to go from 5 to
> 40+ seconds.

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me either, particularly seeing that
id_item seems to be an intermediate case as far as uniqueness goes.
Do you still get 30+ seconds to COPY if that is the *only* index?

If the data you're using isn't too sensitive, would you mind sending me
a copy (off-list)?  I'm interested to try profiling this behavior.