Re: Select count(*), the sequel

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Select count(*), the sequel
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Kenneth Marshall <ktm@rice.edu> writes:
> Just keeping the hope alive for faster compression.

Is there any evidence that that's something we should worry about?
I can't recall ever having seen a code profile that shows the
pg_lzcompress.c code high enough to look like a bottleneck compared
to other query costs.

Now, the benefits of 2X or 3X space savings would be pretty obvious,
but I've seen no evidence that we could easily achieve that either.

Сообщение: Re: temporary tables, indexes, and query plans
Сообщение: Re: temporary tables, indexes, and query plans