Re: change password_encryption default to scram-sha-256?

От Sergei Kornilov
Тема Re: change password_encryption default to scram-sha-256?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

> I am wondering on the contrary if switching the default on Postgres
> side would make things move faster on their side though.

I think we need give more time before change default. I suggest not to repeat the quick change of default to a new
valueas it was in the MySQL 8.0 last year [1].

*1 https://mysqlserverteam.com/upgrading-to-mysql-8-0-default-authentication-plugin-considerations/

regards, Sergei