Re: initdb fails

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: initdb fails
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Anne M. Hammond" <hammond@lcd.Colorado.EDU> writes:
> So the shared memory request is greater than the SHMMAX in
> the kernel.  If I just wanted to use a smaller number of shared_buffers
> (24), I tried editing /usr/local/pgsql/data/pgsql.conf.

You're going to have to increase SHMMAX anyway, so you might as well
just do that, rather than trying to outflank initdb.  PG's performance
with any less than several hundred shared buffers is just too awful to
consider using.

I haven't done this on Solaris personally, but according to our docs
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/kernel-resources.html
it's just a matter of editing /etc/system and rebooting.