Re: Solaris 9 tuning

От Paul Johnson
Тема Re: Solaris 9 tuning
Дата
Re: Solaris 9 tuning
Список pgsql-performance
Hi Josh, there are 8 internal disks - all are 18GB@10,000 RPM, fibre
connected.

The O/S is on 2 mirrored disks, the Postgres cluster is on the /data1
filesystem that is striped across the other 6 disks.

The shared_buffers value is a semi-educated guess based on having made 4GB
shared memory available via /etc/system, and having read all we could find
on various web sites.

Should I knock it down to 400MB as you suggest?

I'll check out that URL.

Cheers,

Paul.

> Paul,
>> I would like to know what /etc/system and postgresql_conf values are
recommended to deliver as much system resource as possible to Postgres.
We
>> use this Sun box solely for single user Postgres data warehousing
workloads.
> What's your disk system?
>> shared_buffers = 500000
> This is highly unlikely to be optimal.   That's 3GB.   On test linux
systems
> up to 8GB, we've not seen useful values of shared buffers anywhere above
400mb.    How did you arrive at that figure?
www.powerpostgresql.com/PerfList

От: John Arbash Meinel
Сообщение: Re: Tell postgres which index to use?
От: "Marinos J. Yannikos"
Сообщение: Re: GiST indexes and concurrency (tsearch2)