Re: select * from pgadmin_users; causes error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: select * from pgadmin_users; causes error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
John Hatfield <jhatfield@g-s.com.au> writes:
> It looks as though the views are created the first time you login to
> pgAdmin.  So when I logged first as an ordinary user not as the postgres
> (database superuser), the views were created with this user as the owner.

> A trap for beginners!!

Indeed.  I wonder whether pgadmin actually needs to see the password
column.  If not, perhaps it could make a view of pg_user instead of
pg_shadow to avoid this problem.  If it does, selecting directly from
pg_shadow with no view seems like the most reliable way...